Albert Einstein once asked,
“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign of?” That’s witty and humorous, but let’s face it, when it comes to your work you want more clarity and less clutter. That’s precisely what our team at Daniel Builders strives for in our quest to be a World Class organization. Field staff (carpenters and project managers) aren’t working from a desk, but they do have mobile offices. Their trucks and vans serve this purpose. Keeping tools safe, secure and easily accessible is essential to our Build processes. Here’s why we emphasize an organized and clean work vehicle:
- Saves Time: Time is limited, and few things are more frustrating than searching for a missing tool. Looking for lost items is time consuming. A carpenter who’s able to access the right tool precisely when needed is utilizing time wisely. Afterall, carpenters are paid for their carpentry skills, not their ability to locate missing tools.
- Reduces Frustration: Complex Design-Build renovation projects are challenging enough. Adding additional aggravation is the last thing that's needed. Lost tools and an inefficient work space will intensify frustration, not reduce it.
- Keeps Everyone Safe: Driving a vehicle full of tools is hazardous. Think about it, you have a vehicle full of potentially dangerous projectiles. Slamming the breaks will launch those projectiles if they’re not secured in their appropriate place. Keep those tools buckled up!
- Communicates Excellence: Being World Class is not just about what you produce, it’s also how you produce it. World Class workspaces are organized and focused. Your appearance and presentation are always communicating something, for better or worse. A disorganized vehicle reflects poorly on the brand you represent.
- Maximizes Tool Longevity: Keeping tools organized, easily accessible and safely secured translates to fewer damaged tools. In return they’ll serve you well for years to come. Allowing them to bounce in a truck bed or the back of a van reduces their usefulness over the long haul.
Maintaining a clean and organized vehicle requires extra effort and focus, at least initially. In the long run it saves time and energy. Plus being World Class requires it. Do you want a World Class team working on your next Design-Build renovation? We’d love to explore your big renovation ideas and tell you more about our Design-Build renovation processes. Contact us to schedule a Project Vision Meeting.